Hi Jeff,
Mapics offers a basic file and field definition screen view based on file function groups. If you want a more extensive field, file relationship mapping tool you may want to explore Hawkeye's Pathfinder. Tool has been around for years works to map any AS400 file network regardless of applications. But I'd try the Mapics tools first they may address your needs without spending anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of j w
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:56 AM
To: MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MAPICS-L] XA Road Map

Hi list
I had an interesting question asked by a new employee. They were writing a report for an end user and asked me how to link the files. I rattled it off because I use those files a lot but he Asked if there was something that showed how the files linked to each other. I didn't know of anything but I thought I would ask. I use the fildef file but it doesn't contain this kind of information. Does anyone know of something like this? Thanks everyone

Jeff Williams