We are getting ready to move to R9.0 from R7.7 in July 2012. All of our
testing demonstrates that memory may be the key component to consider when
We have taken a multi-faceted approach to increasing the performance of
1. In November 2012 we replaced a Power 6 box with a Power 7 box, for fewer
lease dollars, using an IBM program that packaged Sequel with the hardware:
a. 50% more processor
b. 80% more disk
c. 300% more memory
d. 17% solid state disk
2. We will upgrade the operating system from 6.1 to 7.1 in November 2012
3. Power Link 9.0 definitely performs faster than 7.7 PL with the right
4. Java 1.6 is definitely faster than 1.4
5. We are implementing a Citrix farm for remote PL users as well
Director of I/T and Infor Migration Project Leader
MTD Products Inc.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.