I've been researching a conversion of existing single customers to a
headquarters branch relationship with AR Consolidation. (There are about 580
with open AR data that should be treated as one AR with invoices to the
My observations so far.
1. There appears to be no changes in the open orders files that are
affected by the consolidated AR.
2. I can create a new headquarter customer with headquarter = 'Y' and
Is consolidation? = 'Y'. The CONID field is therefore '1' and CONCS is the
same as CUSNO.
3. If I convert all the other MBBFREP records that are branches to
this customer I would place:
a. '3' in CONID
b. The headquarters customer number in CONCS
4. Convert all OPENAR records from the individual branch customer
numbers in CUSNO to the new headquarters number and leave CONCS alone.
5. This will cause a message to appear (details don't match) during
inquiry and cash app but that should be corrected in the next month-end
during the Unload/Reload.
So any thoughts on how I'm going to shoot myself in the foot?
Thank you in advance.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.