We did a process almost identical to that, but not using Varsity Shipper. We
used the Offline Shipping Enhancement (included in R7.8) - are they keeping
Dale (Cork) Gindlesperger, CPIM
From: Richard Stover - Guide <rstover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, January 13, 2011 1:32:47 PM
Subject: [MAPICS-L] Off-line partial shipments and a single off-line final
Would appreciate any thoughts you have on the following:
(1) XA rel. 7.8, full complement of modules including IFM
(2) Varsity Shipper
(3) Some partial shipments, but customer wants only one invoice per
(4) 48 hour order turnaround environment
Definition of current process:
(1) Using custom programming determine if the customer order has been
(1) If complete, load off-line ship records with "invoice option" = 2
a. Generates the SA transaction
b. Generates the invoice and feeds IFM with GLI transactions and AR
(1) Create off-line ship records as the line items of an order are
physically shipped with "invoice option" = 0 (do not invoice)
(2) Separate "off-line" invoicing process to generate a single invoice
across all the shipments of a customer order WITHOUT MANUAL INTERVENTION
(i.e, use a scheduled job or ???).
a. Would expect to have a custom program that would determine (as
above) if an order is fully ship and load an off-line invoicing process.
Richard (Dick) Stover
INFOR GOLD LEVEL CHANNEL PARTNER
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.