James--- Kevin already mentioned it but 80% DASD usage is not good, but as
long as you have an open slot for a drive it's an inexpensive fix.

I assume your on top of reorgs and stuff like that to free up more storage?

We are running on a Model 525. There is an issue with disk space - we're
at
80%. There are plans to upgrade within 6 months so that may solve this
problem in the long term, but basically we're hoping to understand why so
many transactions are being generated...it doesn't seem that we generate
that many new financial transactions on a daily basis, so there must be
something else triggering it. if we can reduce that, then maybe the
performance issue will not be such a factor. Based on responses so far,
the
culprit is likely exchange rate corrections.

I did receive an off-line email as well to recommend looking into an XA
IFM
job that runs an update for Credit Limits on a regular schedule. Could be
this job runs too frequently or in peak hours.

date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:55:36 -0700
from: gogo400@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] PSVTUE - eFin U-Job

James--- Just what kind of box are you running?