From: toddivy@xxxxxxxxx
To: guyhenza@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [MAPICS-L] Product structure routings
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:48:21 -0500

Guy, I am fairly new at Mapics, but I know how to do this. The 'list' is
fairly advanced and will probably not have a good response to these beginner
questions. But
I can help you with this if you would like. It is simple as long as you
have correct BOM's and correct Warehouses setup for the parts. I will
explain the way we do it, and then you can call me if you would like.

In my case:
Warehouse 1 = main warehouse
Warehouse E = Sub-assembly

The basic way to deplete parts is through a Manufacturing order.

Assembly 123 has components A, B, C, and D.

First the assembly and components all must have Item Balance records for the
warehouse (warehouse E) that the Manufacturing Order is created for. Also,
on screen AMI7A5 in the Item Master File Maint., there is a field named
"Controlled Floor Stock". This field must have a "C" for the component
items, in the warehouse where the assembling is being performed (warehouse
E). Parts A,B,C,D are all stored in Warehouse 1 so they will have a
warehouse Item Balance as well. Create the manu. Work Order. Once the
parts are assembled, we perform an (RM) Manufacruing Receipt which closes
the Work Order and purrges all parts parts if they are set-up correctly.

I know this is vague, but I will help as much as I can. You may call if you
would like.

Todd Ivy

TYMCO, Inc.
225 E. Industrial Blvd