Thanks Tom,

Yes we thought of both of those. We are implementing MES, shop floor (New MDCC) The objective was to a present the correct qty remaining on one line, and not force 2 sign ons, Offs.

I will keep searching, but thanks.

Jeff

To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: TEStieger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:38:07 -0800
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] OBPM, or PCC

Why not have it say:
0010 Make components set
Manufacture 2 brackets per required quantity
0020 Assemble Components

With this method you could also have the option of having the component sets (2 brackets) in stock as a pair or set and issue them to the MO if they are already made.
----
You could also have them make half of them in one step and the other half in another step.

0010 Make Components (100 Remaining)
0011 Make more components (100 Remaining)
0020 Assemble components (100 Remaining)

-Tom Stieger
California Fine Wire