There is an XA solution called Integrated Outside Operations that started at release 6. The Quick Reference Guide that I use is SH62694, but I think release 7 has different PTF's. This includes having an MO for the manufacturing steps (with a cross reference to the PO), so multiple part numbers can be issued to the MO if that is required. Then the inventory value will be carried on the MO and not in item warehouse balances. There are options of when the outside processing charge is added to the MO (at RP or at invoice time). Outside operation steps can be set up in the standard routings or an existing operation can be sent outside on an existing MO, if needed. Variances are calculated against the standard via the MO. If interested, look up "outside operations" in Infor's Knowledge Base.

Rich McCracken

-----Original Message-----
From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom E Stieger
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:57 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] Contract FAB

I agree you wouldn't want to keep it in inventory when it is not (an IP before you ship to the vendor would take care of that, but like you said, "It works well if all persons involved care enough to play along.")

In the past I have seen customers PO's come in with the components they were supplying listed on the PO. It was great as a supplier to see that come through on the paper work so there was no confusion. Unfornately I don't think there is an XA way to do this directly with the PO.

-Tom Stieger
Engineer
California Fine Wire