Bob,

I do this with a series of queries that run each night. We do not change
the bills too often, so running the job this way is OK for us.

The queries do something like this:

Query1: Uses PSTRUC & ITEMASA (for SBQTY) to produce PINBR,
CINBR, LVL1, QTY1 (Level is defined as 1, QTY is QTYPR/SBQTY)

This is output to a file (FLATPS, member
FLATPS01)

Query2: Uses FLATPS(member FLATPS01) & PSTRUC & ITEMASA to
produce PINBR, CINBR, LVL2, QTY2 (Level is defined as 2, QTY2 is
QTY1*QTYPR/SBQTY)

Joins are FLATPS/CINBR = ITNBR,
FLATPS/CINBR=PSTRUC/PINBR, select where PSTRUC/CINBR <> ' '

Output is to FLATPS member FLATPS02

This repeats for 8 queries, dropping to a lower level each time (we have
maximum of 6 levels, but I built in a bit of safety!), and results in a
file FLATPS with 8 members FLATPS01 to FLATPS08

The queries are grouped in a CL programme, and the last part of the CL
programme is just a CPYF copying all members to one new file.

This gives a file that can be queried, and selecting the parent item
will give an output as in the following example:

Component LVL QTY

Item number

EM018004 1 .000100

EM038003 1 .000500

7112100 1 1.020000

7113200 1 2.040000

28620LLF 1 1.020000

90065 2 1.086300

90107PHLF 2 1.086300

90192PHLF 2 1.101600

90408 2 .010771

90410 2 .000023

90756C 2 1.091400

91680 2 .000071

92987 2 .000102

90138PHLF 3 .000362

90300 3 .093849

94102 3 .008015

These quantities match the standard MAPICS Inquiry AMEC72, although I
still have the minor problem (same as Tom), that they are not listed in
the AMEC72 order.

Kind regards

David Unwin

Systems Manager