Arno, I'd like to see that work also!!! We currently do exactly what you
do (except we run MRP 2x a week, not daily). And it is VERY
time-consuming.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA 15501

"Arno de Bliek"
<adbliek@timesave
rsint.com> To
Sent by: "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
mapics-l-bounces+ <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
dalegindlesperger cc
=fft-inc.com@midr
ange.com Subject
[MAPICS-L] auto release M.O. order

12/12/2007 07:52
AM

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System
Discussion
<mapics-l@midrang
e.com>

Hello Group,

Every day after running MRP we release manufacturing orders manually. Work
sequence is as follows. We request a exception report. Check item by item
for required material. Next step is review and aprove item by item. We only
want to release orders if the required material is available. You can
imagine that this is very time consuming. Maybe we should try MRP menu
"Check item Availability Prior to Release".

We use Mapics XA release 6, with browser. We have a controlled warehouse.

Solution:
Looking at field "Manufacture auto release code", you can set this on
position 1. Setting "1=Auto release M.O. if all components are available".
My expectation is that orders will be automaticaly released when all needed
components are there, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions?? You cannot find the above descibed functionality in the
manual (at least I didn't).

regards,
Arno de Bliek
Timesavers International B.V.