Dear Iain
I have worked with several companies employing MAPICS for manufacturing and
commercial applications but with AN Other financial applications. I have
developed such interfaces. It can be done successfully if the preference is for
a non MAPICS financial solution.
The main interfaces of a manufacturing company are :-
1. Invoices from COM to sales ledger
2. Invoice matching invoices in purchase ledger with (say RP) receipts and
prices in purchase orders
3. Inventory values into general ledger
4. Work in progress (if you have it) into general ledger
There are other considerations for example keeping customer/supplier account
numbering the same across two applications.
Many finance applications have batch (or offline) ledger interfaces thereby
enabling some of the above to be electronic.
Regards
Rob Cull
Independent MAPICS consultant based in the UK