Ray,

UPS and FedEx's charge information we get straight from their systems in an
automated end-of-day process. It could be done more often, that's OK for
us. With regards to LTL and other truck frieght, we get the data from
their freight rating package. For us, we use Roadway's ExpressWORKS, and
manually get the freight charges.

We developed an automated interface, but it was never implemented due to
the user's not wanting it.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA 15501

"Spears, Raymond"
<RaymondS@xxxxxxx
Sent by: "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
mapics-l-bounces@ <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange.com cc

Subject
10/08/2007 01:17 [MAPICS-L] Pre Paid and Add
PM Shipments

Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System
Discussion
<mapics-l@midrang
e.com>

Just want to see how others are handling Pre-Paid and Add Freight
Charges. We want to automate the Pick Pack Ship function further and
invoice daily all confirmed shipments, but we don't know the freight
charges to apply to these few Pre-Paid and Add Freight Charge orders,
until the following day and depend on the freight companies for this
information. UPS and FedEx works fine with Pick Pack Ship user exit and
customizing we have made with help from CisTech. If anyone out there is
doing this can you share your process.

Thank you,
Raymond Spears
423-552-4394