From: mapics-l-bounces+ldegnon=ampro.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mapics-l-bounces+ldegnon=ampro.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 12:10 PM
To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion
Subject: Re: [MAPICS-L] item status mismatch...

This question thread has me to where I have to post an inquiry regarding
this.

My question for the group is regarding the use of "Receive to Dock" and
"Receive to Inspect" and so forth. We have a VERY tight turnaround
required for getting our parts and material delivered and on-hand for
issuing to the floor. We discovered that it was too time consuming for
us to process all the transactions ("RD", "RI", then "RP") for the flow,
especially for parts delivered the same day as our MRP runs.

Unless something has changed that I am not aware of (which is certainly
possible, even likely!), XA doesn't count it as on-hand until the RP is
done. Our inspection process takes up to one full business day. To get
around that, we have set up a "receipt location" to show that the part
is here but not inspected. We don't reject a lot, so we can generally
assume that if it's here, it's good. (Yes, we get burned on that, but
not often.) We had a lot more problems with the stuff actually being
here, but MRP thought it was late because it hadn't been received to
stock yet, and the buyers would get expedite messages for stuff that's
here.

Isn't this a problem for your companies? Or has this been handled some
other way that I haven't noticed? I will admit that I don't go through
every new thing that comes out....

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.