Jeff:

You can control which orders are processed with the field Offship
Group-ID. It is in all three order files, OSAAREP OSABCPP, & OSACCPP. We
populate the field (in all 3 files) with the order number when we want it
to be processed & then call to ABAWXFR with parm3 containing the order
number.

When we started using offship, we populated the field with "READY", then
at the end of the day we called ABAWXFR with parm3 containing the value
"READY". This worked as well, but was not real-time enough for our
Customer Service group to see when an order shipped, so we now report it
shipped as soon as the order is packed.

Offship is a great module but has its quirks that once you figure out how
to populate the fields works great!!

If you have any questions let me know.

jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/18/2007 09:13 PM
Please respond to
MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

MAPICS ERP System Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[MAPICS-L] COM offline orders

Hi everyone.
We are doing a lot with COM offline orders now. I really do not like how
MAPICS processes all offline orders at the same time. I would like to
bypass
the offline order import process and have it update the COM files
automatically by calling an API or something like that. Has anyone done
this? Or have experience like this?

If we could keep the current offline files and then just call an API that
would be ideal. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Jeff Williams