Peter -

I just found 6 records where our SSTDT is Greater than or equal to the OCODT.
All of the errors were created and released in May.  Some of them have been
started but others have not.  I'll let you know if I can find anything else out.

Best Regards,

-Tom Stieger
Sales Engineer
CFW/Precision Metal Components
(805) 489-8750 x430
tstieger@xxxxxxxxxx

message: 2
date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:58:41 -0400
from: Peter Vidal <Peter_Vidal@xxxxxxxx>
subject: [MAPICS-L] Mfg Order - Date mystery

Good morning!

One of our users brought to me a mfg order (last Friday) with the
following information:

(ORDNO) Order number - M520020
(SSTDT) Scheduled start date - 1060412
(OCODT) Order completion date  - 1060404
(CRDT) Create date  - 1060412

Now, he is bringing me another mfg order with the same condition,
different values though.  I thought it was an exceptional situation
(Friday's case) but now that I have a second case, is not that exceptional
to me anymore.  The issue is obvious: how you can create a mfg order and
"complete it before creating it"?  CRDT value is generated by the system
and SSTDT looks logical also.  OCODT is the only one out of place here.

I checked the IM History and I can't see an (RM) transaction completing
these orders.  Check the RMs for this order M520020 for example:

POSTING   WAREHOUSE                  U/           CMP
 DATE     NO/LOCN      QUANTITY     /M BATCH/LOT  CD
 5/04/06  1   NJOSH          7.000  EA H520020
 4/29/06  1   NJOSH          7.000- EA U520020A
 4/29/06  1   NJOSH          7.000  EA U520020A

The transaction dates for these ones are identical as the posting dates.
Any ideas of what may be happening here?

TIA,

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure."
William Saroyan (1908 - 1981)