I found a way around this for an Offline Shipping interface I wrote for a
customer last year.

Consider this straightforward scenario:
1. Order line(s) on a COM order are allocated to available inventory  against
locations in a controlled warehouse.
2. A pick list is printed telling the picker what locations to pick the
inventory from.
3. The inventory is picked, exact quantities and locations on the pick  list.
4. The Offline ship transactions are built and the Off Ship process uses  the
COM allocations to transact inventory with SA transactions.
All is OK.

A less straightforward scenario:
1 & 2 happen as above.
3. The inventory is picked from a different location (reasons why this
happens are numerous). The quantities and locations are fed into a  file of
picks
(outside MAPICS)
4. The Offline Ship transactions are built but before the Offline Ship
process is called, the original allocation records are updated/deleted as
required
to reflect the quantities/locations where the inventory was actually  picked
from.
All is still OK.

Apologies if this is a bit complicated to follow, but if you are/have been
close to Offline Ship I think you will understand!

Regards
Rob Cull
Independent (hands on) ERP and Supply Chain (and MAPICS)  Consultant in the
UK.