I thought the conference was good and informative.   As always.

Positives:

   I agree that the customer sessions were better than the standard
   sessions.
   The extended Expo center hours were terrific.  Lots of vendors, lots of
   information.  Good demos.  We've needed the Expo center open longer all
   along.
   Huey Lewis was GREAT!

Complaints:

   Breakfast selection was poor at best.
   The Tuesday "event" meal was pathetic.  I paid $75 to take a guest for
   semi-warm pizza, salad, and antipasto?  The concert was great, but the
   price was unreasonable.  The old MAPICS had GREAT food for their special
   events.  Maybe they had me spoiled.
   I agree that "Discrete" was too broad.  Too many Syteline
   stuff/sessions, not enough XA.  What was there was good, though.

Suggestions:

   Break "Discrete" into "XA" and "Syteline".
   Have a Monday "special event mixer" by product line.
   Hire back whoever handled the food selection from MAPICS.

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

             "Anderson, Jeff
             \(Hayssen\)"
             <Jeff.Anderson@ha                                          To
             yssen.com>                "MAPICS ERP System Discussion"
             Sent by:                  <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             mapics-l-bounces@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [MAPICS-L] Infor Conference
             04/17/2006 01:31          Thoughts?
             PM

             Please respond to
             MAPICS ERP System
                Discussion
             <mapics-l@midrang
                  e.com>

I did not take the opportunity to go to this conference, but I also
would be interested in seeing some of the outcomes.

At the Chicago conference 2 years ago, there was a big movement to try
to create a Mapics user group patterned after the very successful
Syteline group, but I have heard nothing further since Chicago. Was
there any discussion surrounding this?

Jeff