Hi *ALL,

last days there were some postings to how use OFFTRN or TRDATA. I have
designed a very simple solution for TRDATA-Processing which allows
a very fast processing with returning error messages. Do the following:

1. Create a trigger "TRDATA after insert" doing snddtaq to DQJUA, DQJUC,
DQJUB (depending on the type of transaction.). That will trigger the U-Job
after insert a new record (be sure that the u-job is started). If you
need to find the next transaction number use DTAARA ZNXTRN. Please lock
the data area before updating to prevent concurrent updates.
2. Create a file for transaction results e.g. TRDATARES with two fields:
Transaction number and one (long) Text-Field.
3. Create MSGQs JCAMSGQ, JCBMSGQ, JCFMSGQ in MAPICS-Library List.
4. Create a trigger "TRDATA after update" reading these MSGQs. If there
was any error during transaction (see Transaction status in TRDATA)
you will find the transaction number and the error message in the
message queues. Evaluate this and write the error message in TRDATARES.
5. So you will get the Result of your transaction after a very short
time (less then one or two seconds)

We are using this to enter IM-Transactions in Client (with immediate
feedback via TRDATARES) and external Transactions.

Most of the hints i needed for this solution I found in this list,
so I think its time to give the total solution back to you.

Best Regards

Michael Raber

Dipl.-Ing. Michael J. Raber
I.B.K. GmbH