Sounds like a little programming is in order.
If they don't want to modify MAPICS source you could process the JOBACT
file.
You should have all the information in JOBACT to find the U-Job you want
to change along with the qualified job name.
Column PROCX gives you the high level procedure name (ie. AMJUA, AMJUB,
etc.) and  columns JAJNR/JAUSR/JBREF gives
you the qualified job name. Then just do a CHGJOB JOB(JAJNR/JAUSR/JBREF)
RUNPTY(xx)

Put the code in a  CL program and add it to the AS/400 job scheduler.

Good luck.

Ron Hankey - CPIM
Business Intelligence Team

<SNIP>