From: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[ mailto:mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Denroxi@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 6:23 PM
To: mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MAPICS-L] Re: Order Policy A with Safety Stock?

MRP handles safety stock as Zero quantity available for all order
policies.
Order Policy "A" is ok if the requirements, even to use safety  stock,
are
infrequent. Order Policy "G" is more useful if the need to use  the
safety stock
are moderate, lead time is long, freight is sensitive, and a  minimum
order
qty is required by the vendor.

Dennis Guy Vaillant