  Peter:

  We had a whole system designed to maintain the chemical composition of
  components (by Vendor). We had to develop BoM explosion programs that look
  at the chemical compositions and determine the RoHS status of the Finished
  Product. Also, this has now been very useful to determine the "e" status
  as required by JEDEC specifications.

  Customers require detail information such as weight and PPM for each of
  the chemical constituents therefore, maintaining it in User Fields of
  VENITF does not seem a feasible option for us.

  Regards,
Hrishikesh Kotwal
  Senior Systems Analyst
  www.minicircuits.com