Bob,

To get a quick summary of the total value use the COM "Daily Recap".  If you
need detailed reports, for example by item with quanitities.  You will need to
create a report.

Don't attempt to use Query on COM files.  The breif reason is that the file
structures are "normalized" and do not lend themselves to access by a query.
Many of the "quantity" values are in fact status flags and therefore cannot be
"summed" using query.

If you are going to write a report, be certain your resource has applicable
experience with writing COM reports.  I can't count the number of times I've
found clients that have had reports writtin that are not accurate.  The worse
case I ran into was a company that used the backlog report as input to their
overseas buyers (a red flag activity).  The report had incorrectly joined the
shipped records and produced a backlog report that was more than double the
actual value.  As a result, they had 2 years on hand supply of all of their
parts!

Are you familar with ERLCOMx (where x is the XA release, for example ERLCOM6
for release 6)?  If so, you will have a high level overview of the file
relationships.  However, as I've said before, looks can be decieving.

If you are not familar with ERLCOM, you need to proceed with extreme caution.

Hope this helps.
Kevin Fox
kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx