Hi Mapics Mailing List:

I'm using an older version of Query/400 and I'm having
difficulty obtaining a percent change percentage (%)
computation on a query report.

Here are some examples of results I'm getting:

Example No 1:

Total_1 = 146,573.64
Total_2 = 31,267.82
Variance = 115,305.82

Percent_Variance on query report = 300.00

Percent_Variance should be 368.77 %

Example No 2:

Total_1 = 47,721.78
Total_2 = 52,963.78
Variance = (5,242.00)

Percent_Variance on query report = .00

Percent_Variance should be (9.90) %

In Define Result Fields, Pecent_Variance is defined
as:

(Variance/Total_2) * 100

Can someone please give me some assistance as to why
Query/400 is rounding things to the nearest 0% or
100%?

Regards,
Al Gershen
Cost Accounting Lead