Sorry I didn't have a chance to review yesterday.

I'd vote no.  Let me explain.

COM is designed to enable orders to be automatically placed on hold (credit
and other reasons).  This feature already enables quotes to be entered by
sales.  It also allows conversion of quotes to orders when sales "wins" the
sales order.  This is exactly what you are asking for.

What complicates your particular situation is the fact that your accounting
department has chosen to ignore best business practices.  I'm uncertain what
possible rational they may have for demanding that the entire account is
"suspended" instead of using the system as it was designed.  By there
actions, they are forcing your team to come up with a "work around", a
custom solution or to get MAPICS to change their code to support this
unusual decision.

I'd suggest exploring the security standards that your company uses.  The
order hold options are no more or less secure than the account
suspend/active options.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Kevin Fox
kdfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx