We downsized a year ago and are running operator-less and we are still at
V4R5.

Our 3570 has 2 tape drives  (say TAP04 and TAP05)  with 7 plus slots each
defined
on 2 tape resources.

About 12 months ago, one set stopped working.  Prior to that I know I was
able to
put in tape in a slot in TAP05 and not disrupt the series used for backup
in TAP04.
I have talked to the IBM support desk and had a CE (are they still called
that?) look at it.
Both the support desk and the CE tells me I was dreaming.  They also
suggested
I read the 3570 manual but it is rather Greek to me.

Two things changed in that time frame . 1) service manager downloaded
fixes and 2) we dropped our sister site which had an AS/400 too.  We were
connected via a T1.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bonnie Lokenvitz