Bob,
I agree that IMHIST does have separate SA records for each item on the invoice
and each item has the same order number. But the transaction amount field for
each SA record is zero (as we process a zero dollar invoice for warranty
customers by selecting 'Y' for no charge item). So this does not give me a
break down of the transaction amount (avg cost*qty) for each line item.

For instance (for warranty customer and CO has 2 items on it),

COM History
============
CO 5885
Customer #: 1452556
Invoice Amount: $0.00

IM History
==========
1.
Item: 733655
W/h: XXX
Loc: YYY
Qty: 1
Amount: $0.00
Average Cost: $25.00

2.
Item: 733656
W/h: XXX
Loc: YYY
Qty: 1
Amount: $0.00
Average Cost: $15.00

GL Lines
========
Transaction #: 003232
Unit: 12323
Nature: 34322
Value: $38.00
Narrative: CO 5885 Customer Order

Using your approach (YAA7REP-->YAARREP-->IMHIST), my query returns:

UNIT  NATURE  CO/CM  G/L VALUE   ITEM   AMOUNT
12323 34322   5885    38.00        733655   0
12323 34322   5885    38.00        733666   0

So the G/L value ($38) is the sum of the avg costs of both items. Is there any
other field that I should be looking at in IMHIST? Let me know. I have a
feeling I'm missing something!!!!

How did you set up the G/L Rules so they distinguish between warranty and
non-warranty items when
they assign accounts???

We use item accounting class for this. So for a given customer class and
turbine, the nature used will be different depending on what item accounting
class has been used. For instance, item accounting class 005 assigns it to
warranty account.

Thanks,
Nandu