   Thanks for the input !

   From: DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
   To: MAPICS ERP System Discussion <MAPICS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Subject: Re: tool crib, in mapics
   Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:21:45 -0400
   Jeff,
   We've been tracking our tool crib in MAPICS since 1986. In fact, we
   started our "controlled warehouse" concepts in there. We set it up as a
   completely separate warehouse, whse "C". We opted NOT to do the automatic
   interface to G/L due to the massive number of transactions plant wide - we
   do a month-end summary and post a manual entry per transaction type.
   We issue tools to "MSxxxxx" orders and return them when applicable. We
   also handle reworked tools that way (resharpening saw blades, drill bits,
   etc). We track tool expense off the Reference number (REFNO) in IMHIST
   by department (we put charge department in the REFNO if it's
   miscellaneous,
   like gloves, coveralls, batteries, etc), or we use the "MS" order concept.
   This has been VERY successful. We use order point to maintain stocking
   levels rather than MRP, the parts and such stocked there better lend
   themselves to that.
   "Jeff Snyder"
   <JEFFREYGSNYDER@xx DIV tmail.com> cc:
   Sent by: Subject: tool crib, in mapics
   mapics-l-bounces@x
   idrange.com
   06/17/2003 11:11
   AM
   Please respond to
   MAPICS ERP System
   Discussion
   hey out there....
   anybody set up a tool crib system using I/M, PCC, PLMC in vanilla
   mapics.
   ??
   we'd like to set up a location TCRIB and inventory our tool crib, track
   RP(s), and interface to G/L. We'd like to IP to an MO, specific per W/C
   for tracking tool usage, again with interface to G/L.
   Non-consumables would be 'RS'ed' return to stock.
   This would give us the tracking and valuation we are looking for.
   any thoughts, concerns, gotchas , would be welcome
   Thanks
   Jeff Snyder, CPIM
   Mapics Consultant