I keep a pack of 5081's and 3700's in my desk drawer to keep things in
perspective when I am running short on disk in my 80GB desktop.  I spent
many an hour standing in front of an IBM Card Sorter, sorting 40 trays of
cards by SSN for taxes.  Service bureau job.   Hmmmmm - I'm showing my
age....

I keep that in mind when I go to complain about how hard it is to get some
things done today.  Maintaining a logical over the data on my 270 would
probably take so little time I wouldn't be able to measure it.

BTW - I'd like to hear the Nathan joke.....

Dale @ Fleetwood

                      nathan.quinones@xx

                      ssys.com                  To:       MAPICS ERP System
Discussion <mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      mapics-l-bounces@x        Subject:  RE: MAPICS books

                      idrange.com

                      04/04/2003 03:29

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

I am getting a COMPLEX with all the talk about the "nathan" joke!  Could
somebody please tell me whether it is about me? :-)

The only time I ever used punched cards was to build a "house of cards"
when I was 10 years old!  (My brother was in IT long before I was.)

Nathan Quinones
Custom Systems Corp
973-726-0202 x213
http://www.cussys.com

|         |           Philip Freimann   |
|         |           <PFreimann@xxxxxxx|
|         |           ms.com>           |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           mapics-l-bounces@x|
|         |           idrange.com       |
|         |           04/04/2003 03:12  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           MAPICS ERP System |
|         |           Discussion        |

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       "'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'"
<mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: MAPICS books

Is that the one about "slash, Nathan" - back in the days of punched cards
and OCL decks?  I didn't hear it (first) from Dave, but I have used it for
at least 30 years.  I heard it from Tom Neuman - at the time he was head of
IBM education in Milwaukee - later went on to be an IBM Branch Manager in
Iowa.  I still have a page of his jokes.

Dave and I go back at least to the 70s - and we can also attest to his vast
MAPICS and manufacturing knowledge.  I think I even have some autographed
copies.  Are they worth more?

Phil