John,

If I understand your question, it sounds to me like you have an interactive
program that you customized to do ATP checking on the items prior to
launching the COM order.  However, you also want to be able to do the same
thing in batch mode.  The sticker on that would be what you want to do with
items that have insufficient ATP for the order.  If that is correct, what I
would do is do the ATP check on all items on the order after the order has
been processed, in the end-of-order user exits.  Then you can either delete
the item, adjust the order quantity, or whatever, and also add comments to
the order describing what you have done.

We do something along those lines in that we check each item on an order to
see if it has substitutions defined (an obsolete part).  If it does, we
delete the original number, add the substituted number, and also add a
comment stating that the item was substituted for the original item -
including the original item number.  Our business rules are that when we
substitute an item, the original item cannot be ordered any more.

There are other ramifications for this, such as order holds and credit
checking.  When you "programagically" tweak orders in user exits, you open
yourself up for potential problems, like that.

If I have over-complicated the question, and all you want to know how to
handle is how to run interactive programs in batch mode, that's not real
hard either.  Just change your program initialization routine to check for
these messages: 'CPF4103' or 'RPG1211'.

Dale @ Fleetwood