Bonnie,

Let me give you the "true" scoop on the Commissions Worksheet and logic
provided in COM/CSM.  It was decided early on that there are so many different
industries that record and calculate Commissions so many different ways there
would be no way to provide a function that would please the customers.
Therefore, they decided to provide the "hooks" by allowing customers to enter
more than one salesmen on any Quote/Order entered.  There are User Exits in
strategic locations to allow the user to write additional data to their own
supplemental file.  The report generated at month end is the exact same report
that was generated in the DB version of MAPICS OE&I.  MAPICS felt most
customers would use the information provided in the basic file, plus their
additional information that would need to be used to calculate commission their
"own" way to rewrite the Commissions report to fit their own needs.

At this time, it is very unlikely this logic will change as I'll bet everyone
one of the members on this list calculates Commission differently, which only
re-inforces the original thinking on this subject.  If you need a change made,
consider using the User Exits or API's provided to add the additional
information you need to write your own calculation/reports to fit your
individual company needs.

Paola Groeber
MAPICS Consultant
(Former Application Manager/Business Analyst of COM/CSM)