From: DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com [mailto:DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 1:37 PM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Maintaining Open Order Total for Customers

We have what may be a similar situation.  Our dealers have multiple credit
limits, depending on the product they purchase.  We gave each dealer a
unique customer number for each product line.  To make it easier, we broke
the customer number in to a 6 and 2 format.  For example:

Campers:   12332110
Parts:          12332111
Trailers:      12332130

The common customer number in this instance would be 123321.  You can set
a different credit limit on each of the 8 digit customer numbers.

You can also do it in user exits.  We do some terms code overrides and
automatic credit approvals in the end-of-order user exits for certain
orders (promotional items and so on).  That's especially useful if you use
COM_Net, which doesn't allow for terms code entry and other special stuff.

Bud Roble <BRoble@CharlesRobleConsulting.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
11/05/02 03:06 PM
Please respond to mapics-l

<mapics-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Maintaining Open Order Total for Customers

I have a need to filter out certain orders from being included in the Open
Order Totals for Customers.    Basically, I don't want certain orders to
be
counted against the customer's credit limit.     Can anyone tell me where
would look to make this modification?    I'm hoping Mapics had the
foresight
to place the logic in a single program somewhere.    I would love to be
able
to use a user exit, but that's probably pushing the envelope.   :-) Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bud Roble
(805)794-3027