We have just started to monitor ship dates in COM and have noticed
as part of the R 6 triage the behavior outlined below. We think we know how
to calculate
ship date but now are not too sure since this code has been in place
forever...

Most shippers in their ship dates only include valid work dates in
calculating the time it takes to get to a destination. For example
if it takes 3 days to get to a destination, the fact that a weekend
might intrude should not change the results.

MAPICS Behavior:
*       Calculate promise/ request date
*       Run calendar back the approriate number of days without regard to
weekends or non-working days.
*       Find the closest working valid day.

So with a two day lead time:
Monday promise date, 1 day
Sunday, 2 day
Friday nearest working date before to ship

So with a three day lead time.
Monday promise date, 1 day
Sunday 2 days
Saturday 3 days
Friday nearest working date before to ship

The only way we were able to ship on Thursday
in this scenario is to put Saturday as the promise
date with a 2 day lead time!!

Normal?? Way 2 day lead time
Monday promise day, 1 day
Friday 2 days
Thursday ship date

Normal?? 3 day lead time
Monday promise day 1 day
Friday 2 days
Thursday 3 days
Weds ship date

So I think the Normal way is correct, at least all days of the
week are shippable. How long has MAPICS been the other
way? Was it ever the more normal way since this code impacts
line item entry, pick lists, acknowledgements...???

Thanks in advance!

Konrad Underkofler
Director of IT

Phone: 770-487-2331 Ext 696