[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

One of my customers has a similar situation (but different) regarding Item
Balance records and instead of writing a program, they use the Presence Alert
system introduced at the MAPICS conference to automatically send an email
message to the person(s) responsible for the data.  Pretty neat stuff - you
don't have to have an AS400 scheduled job or write a program.

You could use this system to check the Last Maintained Date and the Item Type
to determine when to issue an Alert.

Eric A. Wolf
Ind Mapics Business Analyst
>Subject: Re: Item Master Item Types
>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:59:03 -0400
>
>Bonnie,
> There is no code file containing these types. I guess it is hard coded
>in the entry/maint program.
>And you have to have one.
>You could use a "9" user option then have have a night prog. list all the
>"9" to remind you that you need to take care of at some point....
>0 Phantom
>1 Assembly or subassembly
>2 Fabricated item
>3 Raw material
>4 Purchased item
>9 User option (Special)
>F Feature
>K Kit
>
>Pete Olshavsky
>Ind Mapics Analyst/System Analyst

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here[1]