We had the same problem when we had an AS400 model 500 running two compaines in
two separate environments and the batch processing was slow.  I built jobq's
and subsystems for each environment.  Now we have a model 720 and we can hardly
see anything in batch because of the processing speed.  It would be a good
enhancement that you suggest.

>>> eric_a_wolf@hotmail.com 6/17/02 12:03:39 PM >>>
[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
To the list,
Has anyone run across this problem (I have 3 times):

The MAPICS install assumes that it is the only software running on the AS400.
When MAPICS is installed or a new environment is created the system 1) Creates
QBATCH1-6 job queues and 2) adds Routing entries to QBATCH subsystem when you
take the option to Create Routing Entries.

The problem is if another software package has already setup something within
QBATCH and has limitations on number of entries within the Job Queues the
system gets bogged down.

My solution has been to create a subsystem called MBATCH, changed the ZJQDTA
data area to point to the MBATCH1-6 job queues, change the MAPICS Job
Descriptions to point to those Job Queues and remove the problem unwanted
QBATCHx job queue entries manually. Before I post a Enhancement request, I
wanted to see if anyone is/has a similar problem.

My solution is pretty simple - either allow the system to prompt for the
Subsystem/JOBQ names at initial installation time (keeping that information in
SYSCTL for future reference) or instead of using the default AS400 QBATCH use
MAPICS as the subsystem and MAPICS1-6 as the job queues.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
Eric A. Wolf