Hi Mapics ML:

I want to thank you all for your assistance in this matter.

I ended up using DFU to edit the file after I located the appropriate Relative
Record Numbers of the records I was correcting by putting the DB file in
Query/400 with no sorting.

Using this information, as Peter Vidal pointed out, I could have used this
information and done the editing with DBU.

I do have some specific comments to my assistors:

To Jim Wiedl:  Our company's version of DBU must be very old because it doesn't
behave as you suggested in your posting.  How do I find out the verion of DBU
that is in our system?  Isn't there a Control Language command that will bring
up this information?

To Peter Vidal:  Thanks for expanding on the DDS specs as mentioned by Jim
Wieldl.  I will pass this information to our Information Systems person and get
some implimentation guidance from him.

To Paola Groeber:  I tried using your suggestion and I'm afraid that the Cmd
6-SCN function is really over my head.  I'll have to study the help screen more
and see if I can get a better understanding of its function.  Thanks for the
suggestion.

Again to everyone, thanks for your timely comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Al Gershen
Grants Pass, OR
aldg@mail.rvi.net