Joan:

I see that you have different people doing inspection.  Here, however,  the
operators will inspect the material also.  The issue for us now is where is more
appropriate to record the time under this circumstances.

About the warehouse reporting issue, is an understandable point.  We are having
the same comments here.

I am collecting experiences from other Paperless users and have like a common
trend.

Thank you Joan!

Peter Vidal
Programmer Analyst
PALL Aeropower Corp.

                    "McCready, Joan"
                    <Joan.McCready@metalt        To:
"'mapics-l@midrange.com'"
                    ekint.com>                   <mapics-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                     cc:
                    mapics-l-admin@midran        Subject:     RE: Paperless
questions
                    ge.com

                    01/28/2002 02:39 PM
                    Please respond to
                    mapics-l

Peter -

I doubt that this will help. Inspection is a separate operation (performed
by a separate employee), so that's not an issue here. And we don't use pick
lists - there was talk of doing so, but we don't have a physically separate
warehouse for supplies and components.  The manufacturing supplies are
stored at the workcenter where used, and the raw materials are handled by a
different, PC-based program that provides a pick list and will someday
receive requirements from MAPICS.

Manual in Missouri (GO RAMS!) -

        -- Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070