From: Greg Novak, Momentum [mailto:gnovak@jacana.com]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:47 PM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: IWP/Jacana

Joan,

A simple correction to your comments to Lloyd - one of the features of
IWP is that it *can* sort on totals.  Many other tools require the
intermediate file to do this sort, where IWP has it built in.

To sort on a total, you must first create the base report specifications
including sorting and totaling (to sum dollars by customer).  Then, in
Jacana, filter the DataCrafter to "Pick Summary Fields", and locate the
total wanted (ie dollars by customer).  Open the Report Specifications
dialog, select the Sort tab, and drag the total field to the top of the
list of sort fields.

I believe Bernard has already replied to Lloyd regarding his question.

Regards,

Gregory Novak
Manager North American Technical Services
Momentum Utilities Pty Ltd
(630) 985-1736
gnovak@jacana.com
www.jacana.com