From: DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com
[mailto:DaleGindlesperger@fft-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 9:52 AM
To: mapics-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: How can I leave sessions up?

Barb,

That'd be perfect.  Thanks!

Dale @ Fleetwood

Barb Nash <Barb.Nash@phbcorp.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
11/06/01 08:41 AM
Please respond to mapics-l

        To:     mapics-l@midrange.com
        cc:

Hi Dale,
                 We run MDCC and were in a similar situation.   We run 5
days a week,
3 shifts, and run nightly backups using American Vikings Unattended Backup
software at 3:00 am.  I also had a bunch of inquiry users would regularly
not sign off at night, which would prevent our backups from running.
Before
MDCC I could just end QINTER, but with MDCC you can't.  I created a CL to
end all active users, I'd be happy to send it to you if you like.  It does
WRKOBJLCK SYSCTL *PRINT.  The spool file is copied to a physical file
which
I query to parse out the unattached jobs, monitor job... Once I get rid of
all that, I read through the file and do an ENDJOB on each signed on user.
It works great.  I also have a job schedule before and after the backups
stop and start the monitor job.  Let me know if you'd like more info.

Barb