Greg -

I'm just now "playing" with archiving records in the XA 4 test environ I
created for updating to XA 6. (Want to use a smaller subset for testing,
plus will want to archive stuff from the implementation year 1998 before
moving production to XA 6. No use keeping the partially-good data while we
were "learning" MAPICS!)

If I were in your position, I'd attack it one of two ways while still using
the MAPICS edit-checking routines:

1.  Archive in dated "chunks." If you haven't archived since 1997, for
example, in the first "pass" I would archive orders closed before Jan 1,
1998, second pass orders closed before Jan 1, 1999 (in theory, all the
pre-99 stuff would already be out of the system), third pass... etc.

2.  Or I'd archive in customer "chunks." If you look at the archive screen,
you can select customer number ranges, too, so I'd archive CO's for
customers 1-1000, then 1001-2000, etc...

Whichever makes sense for your company. It might take several weekends, but
in smaller time chunks so you're not tying up the system for a week.

Good luck  -- Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070