Ted,

We bill actual freight charges using a special charge line.  The freight
charges are put on our "shipper" (COM pick list) with a label from our UPS
or FedEx Ground systems, or written on by a clerk using a common carrier
freight rating system.  During the billing process, they added a special
charge line with the actual freight cost.

Interestingly enough, MAPICS now offers a free (did you get that?  FREE!)
enhancement to COM called OFFSHIP.  We have automated our shipping process
using this extremely slick new feature (already reducing clerical work
load from 3 to 2 in the shipping department), and will in 2 weeks have
completed automated the COM billing process, receiving the freight charges
directly from the UPS and FedEx Ground systems.

OFFSHIP is an extremely slick enhancement that isn't getting the attention
it deserves.

"Ted Hendricks" <hendrickst@dninevada.com>
Sent by: mapics-l-admin@midrange.com
08/21/01 02:33 PM