Hello:

I am an independent consultant that works with quite a several mid-sized to
large MAPICS accounts.  Here are the answers to your questions:

1. I have NEVER know anyone that I work with to print a transaction history
report of what they are going to purge nor print the optional list during the
purge.  Unless you just want to get rid of a LOT of paper, I would definitely
suggest not to do it.  If for some reason you ever need to get back at the
transactions, you can use the Restore Transaction History option and restored
the required history file to IMHGEN.

2. Obviously, the size of your machine as well as how much history is being
purged dictates the time required.  I have never seen an IM archive take more
than several hours HOWEVER most of the systems have been mid-sized AS/400s and
usually the number of records involved is not 8 million!  COM however is a
different story as far as long times!

3. You are right, this is not a dedicated mode function.

4. You will be okay if you perform a clear on the IMHNEW member in IMHIST.  BE
SURE TO SPECIFY THE MEMBER OF IMHNEW! i.e.,:
CLRPFM AMFLIB?/IMHIST MBR(IMHNEW)

Rusty Jackson

Rusty Jackson & Associates
Knoxville, TN