   We converted from Mapics 4.0 to 6.0 this past week end. (11/5)   The
migration tool worked very good with the exception that it did not retain
security "lock" information.   Most if not all options were left "UnLocked"
This is presumably because the new file has additional records (options) that
the 4.0 file did not have.   This was easily corrected with an SQL of the
TSKDEF file "Lock" field to match previous file.

Other "Gotchas"
   We did have some problems with 6.0 MRP & MPSP which required existing PTFs
to be applied.   You will also need to recompile all (most) inhouse written
programs and resave all queries.
   Since PDM disappears with Rel 6.0, other problems might arise depending on
whether you where previously using EPDM or not. (We were)   This only hurts if
you have users using the PDM greenscreen or IWP display options that do not
have Browser access.
   Last item, some Mapics menu selection #s changed ( for no apparent reason )
which may cause problems if you are using Robot/Replay to auto run Mapics menu
options.

Jeffrey L. Hazelrigg
Div. Mgr of I.S.
STANT Mfg. Inc.
1620 Columbia Ave
Connersville, In 47331-1696

(765) 827-8219
Fax  (765) 827-4420
jhazelrigg@stantinc.com

>>> lance@mgelectronic.com 11/09/00 09:04AM >>>
Has anybody used the upgrade tool (for lack of better terms) that allows you
to skip Version 5 & 5.5 and go straight to 6 from release 4 in Mapics XA??
How did it work??

Lance Mason, Controller
M&G Electronics
lance@mgelectronic.com OR  lancemason@juno.com