  • Subject: Stock Pick Question
  • From: "Shrader, Patrick" <pshrader@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:29:38 -0500

I am trying to verify if XA 4 handles stock pick in the same manner as
XA 5. Any hints or verifications of this would be greatly appreciated:

Facts:
1. Uncontrolled warehouse.
2. Allocations are not assigned at order entry time.
3. On hand quantity is 10 units
4. Outstanding pick tickets total 5 units.
5. 15 orders are due to ship today, each for 9 units each
6. Stock pick runs, it selects all 15 orders to ship because each
order's quantity is less than the on hand quantity
7. The warehouse does not know what to ship: once they ship the previous
pick tickets, only 4 is on hand
8. There is not, nor would there have been, enough stock to ship any
order.
9. Customer service must delete all excess pick tickets generated by the
stock pick

The system is ignoring existing pick tickets. My understanding of the
purpose of stock pick is to only select items that you can actually
fulfill. If one pick ticket in the above example was for 12 items, the
system would have generated a pick ticket for 9, and backordered 3
automatically -- so it knows that it does not have enough for that
order.

I have heard that the XA4 stock pick will not print more pick tickets
than there is available stock. For some reason XA 5 is doing just that.
I am working with Mapics on this issue, but they say that the module is
working as designed for an uncontrolled warehouse.

If you are using XA4 or XA5 with stock pick in an uncontrolled
warehouse, please let me know how your stock pick is working.

Thank you,

Patrick Shrader
White Knight Engineered Products

+---