Guillermo,

I think I ran across your problem this weekend. (maybe it requires a
certain blood alcohol level ;-) )

I have a 2000 vintage Thinkpad R40 that I had loaded iSeries Access for
Linux on. I was working fine for the first system i I connected to, but
was giving me an odd "9052 10061" error when I tried to connect to other
system i s.

I had originally loaded iSeries Access for Linux version V6.1 on Ubuntu
9.10 (Karmic). I tried to regress to iSeries Access for Linux V5R4 and
that is when I got the libstdc++.so5 error. Libstdc++.so5 is not in the
9.10 Karmic repository so I couldn't download it. I suspect this was
your issue too. Ubuntu 9.10 it seems, now requires iSeries Access for
Linux V6.1 to work, or add a libstdc++.so5 repository from an older
version of Ubuntu to get V5R4 to work on Ubuntu 9.10.

When I reloaded iSeries Access for Linux V6.1 and commented out an
ip6-localhost definition in the /etc/hosts file, I was able to connect
to other system i s. Here is the link for the host file fix:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14301098

HTH,

Jay