Good morning,

I think, IMHO, that the compelling reason is :

AFAIK, TN5250 is the open source complete (or better, the open source complete reference implementation) of a telnet 5250 emulator.

The low volume on this mailing list, beside the claimed 200 downloads/week and a very sparse bug reports on Sourceforge, suggests that TN5250 is a stable and good open-source product.

In absence, I repeat AFAIK, of another reference implementation handled like an Apache/Sourceforge project, this list should to be considered a "strategic resource" for everyone working in-, connected to-, working aside-, the AS/400 ecosystem.

I think that, in any case, the project members of TN5250 listed on
https://sourceforge.net/p/tn5250/wiki/Home/
namely
Carey Evans (admin)
James Rich
Jason M. Felice (admin)
Marc-Antoine Ruel
Michael Madore (admin)
Scott Klement (admin)
should be kindly contacted directly before taking any action, and that the time frame of 2 (holiday) weeks should be extended to mid/whole September.

Best regards (and greetings from Swiss Alps
https://goo.gl/maps/fSQHsnv8TEC2),

Davide Grandi
PS :
a) I know that TN5250 is NOT the only open source tn5250 emulator
b) sorry, if the choice of words should result not kind as I would be ...