Hello,

1. Now when i give tn5250 AS4 in shell i get the prompt again instantly with
nothing happening .

No error messages, nothing? It just immediately returns to the command-line?

2. When i used the command tn5250 ssl:XXX.XX.XXX.XX as Scott said .. it just
does nothing and gives me prompt after 5 min . Am i missing anything ?'

Hmmmm... 5 min?? Hmmm... Is there some way I can attempt to reproduce this issue?

Log file entry in first case is
tn5250_ssl_stream_init() entered.
SSL Method = SSLv23_client_method()

These are normal messages that are always there for a SSL connection. They don't me anything other than that you're using SSL.

Since i have not used tshark, tcpdump earlier so dont know how to use it,
man pages are lengthy and hence trying to read/use it .

I'll let Holger respond to that, since I'm not sure what he has in mind for these network sniffers.

This thread ...