James Rich wrote:

I thought 'make install' would not install over the existing X5250 file.

It did.

Regardless, be sure to back up this file before installing

I did. I just forgot about it and thought I had still modified the source for those keys. I still had to do the cent sign mod, but that's no big deal. It also seems odd, but I can't seem to get the left control key to be reset without modifying the code. I added in 0xFFE3 for the key in X5250 because that's what xev told me it was. We probably had this discussion, but I'm confused why the right control can get mapped to enter and the left cannot.

One more important thing:  I haven't mastered autoconf yet

I've never tried, so you are further ahead than I!

x5250. To solve this, just keep your existing tn5250.pc in $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig (the same file from the last release of tn5250 works just fine). Otherwise ./configure in x5250 will fail.

Actually, ./configure in x5250 has always failed for me. I have to add a PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to tell it where the tn5250.pc file is. I just run the following:

$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/src/tn5250/ ./configure

I still get the same result, though.

  > FTP RMTSYS(BACKUP)
    Data sent to device SPORTER1 not valid.  Device response code 10030101.
  ? C
    Data-stream error 10030101 reported for screen I/O operation.
    Error occurred during screen I/O operation.
    Signal SIGABRT raised (abnormal termination).
    Internal error detected in File Transfer Protocol program.
    Error(s) occurred during running of QsnCrtSsn API.

 x5250 version:  0.5.2

--
Sean