Hello everyone... I am in need of a little help...

I am working on putting tn5250 on an embedded linux system running on an arm processor for work. Currently I have only gotten 0.16.5 to cross compile, but that really isnt what troubles me. I have dug around the archives and there have been a lot of posts about keyboard mapping, but all have pertained to systems with X.
Here is what I am trying to do:

I have 0.16.5 cross-compiled and running on the system. Because it is an embedded system it does not have a standard keyboard, I need some way to re-map the keys without changing the console's terminal. The only keys I am fighting with are F2-F5 and F21-F24. I finally got F1 working by changing the escape sequence tied to it in cursesterm.c to a VT100 style:

{ K_F1, "\033\117\120" }, /* ESC OP */

This works fine, but when I try to change K_F2 - K_F5 to ESC OQ - ESC OT, the software outputs the actual characters as if I had typed them.

I understand that I am not really changing the key mapping this way, I am only "going around it".

As for F21-F24, I am kind of at a loss. I know what the escape and scan codes are set to for the device, but I don't know how to get tn5250 to recognize them. Please be aware (or beware) that I have only been using tn5250 for a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

~Brian M. Chappell