hello,
I'm totally new to the iSeries world. In fact, I'm more a Linux/AIX person,
but as unix and network administrator at $EMPLOYER I'm in charge of network
printers too, and trying to convert to IP all the existing ACS-connected
printers I
started learning something about AS/400 :) and discovered tn5250, which I
find great, especially for lp5250d and scs2pdf, who is being greatly
appreciated by the users.

Coming to the real questions:
1) is there a way to install lp5250d as a NT/2000 service? in the remote
   site where most iSeries users reside there's only a w2k server, and is
   lp5250d could be installed as a service it would be the ultimate solution
   to print PDF files. I think slight modifications are needed (suppress the
   GUI, providing a default configuration file and default outfile repository).
   I know just the guidelines a .exe must follow to qualify as a possible
   service, and I'm not a w32 programmer, so I don't know if this is
   feasible nor how to do it.
2) any scs2pdf win32 binaries out there?
3) paper length in scs2pdf is fixed - does it make sense to provide a way
   to change it? and a way to fix width too, or to switch between different
   fixed formats depending on the number of columns (instead of enlarging
   by steps the width like it's done currently, if I have read correctly
   the code)? And what about changing the character width?
   I can patch the program myself, but if it's already been
   done, it's unuseful to reinvent the wheel...
4) Am I wrong or in scs2pdf CRs don't do what they should (that is:
   carriage return and then writing OVER the previous line)?

Thank you, bye.
--
pbm - "and a messy desk drawer full of broken strings
    -  you know those kids, and you know these things"