I can't seem to build this thing.  I get the following:

(w7) 4:33pm ~/tn5250cvs/rich/x5250 > make
rm -f x5250
cc -o x5250 -Wall -g -I../../tn5250-0.16/src -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
-L/usr/X11R6/lib   x5250.o x5250term.o alloccolors.o key.o mouse.o
wordwrap.o help.o     debug.o -lXext -lX11 -l5250 -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib
x5250.o: In function `check_options':
/home/klemscot/tn5250cvs/rich/x5250/x5250.c:1259: undefined reference to
`getopt_long_only'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/klemscot/tn5250cvs/rich/x5250.

First, is there any reason why you're not using TN5250's built-in
command-line/configfile options system?

Assuming that you have some reason to not use TN5250's system, can you
tell me where "getopt_long_only" comes from?  Which package, that is, so I
can see if it's available for my system?